Sunday, September 25, 2016

Infatuation









Squeezed
by the whizzing winds
my heart was stammering away.
The whisk of winds
beating the surface of the sea
to meringue
made fluffy white kiss-cakes
wheeling and skipping
as wind-hags
over the
beach.
With eyes stung by sand-spikes
and my mouth pinched,
I hardly dared face the upcoming weekend
and the storm

Suddenly he was there
the Merman in rubbers,
black elephant-diaphragm
and sports-jacket.
Had he arrived on the last wave?

Like King Neptune with his trident
he grabbed my hand and said:


"Come along, Lassie Mermaid,
ride with me to My Kingdom!
Mount my back!
I will light my fire with
glow-worms and rainbows
and serve you breakfast from cockleshells.
And having made love
to the sound of the wind-harp
you will be mine!"


Kamete
Copyright

1 comment:

  1. Pretty cool! I love the candour of Merman behaviour. He can really talk the talk and walk the wetsuit. He seems much more "forward" than "Han" in Helsingør harbour. Han has doubts. Merman has not. Glad I took the time to read it. Am I reading you, too? :-) I really appreciated the uninhibitedness of this little piece.

    ReplyDelete